Thursday 15 April 2010

Ancillary Task: Film Poster Final draft



PROCESS



BackgroundI have completely redrafted my original poster. Using photoshop I intesified the eerie atmosphere by adding a textural background image, and layering an added image of a figure. I chose to use this image and cut it to create a sillouette appearance. The effect a sillouette image creates is that of no identity. Which emphasises the female protagonists confusion of identity and psychological isolation in the trailer for "Sleep Tight." Here are the images I have manipulated to create the background of my poster.






Main image

I chose to use the same image as the first draft of my poster. The image is extremely effective as the character is clearly isolated. The noose appearing in the background makes the audience question whether the character is the victim or the monster, this is an excellent promotional device as the audience will want to find this out for themselves.

Text
The text included on the poster is conventional to film posters. I used titles included in our trailer as the promotional phrase for the film. The information at the bottom of the poster is not significantly effective in promoting the film but establishes that it is a promotional device and associated with the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment